Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Monday, January 21, 2008
 
A Case of Mistaken Identity
It would appear that at least two of the Goehring Girls look alike to some people. When One of Jerry Hinkle's co-workers at Pizza Hut saw Dianne Macek, she immediately thought it was his "Aunt Jo". Jerry should have been suspicious since Joan Hansen not only knew Jerry's cell phone number, but his address as well.
As it turns out, Dianne had reason to go into the Yankton area, and took her mother, Agnes Hahn, along to see Wilbur and Lynette Goehring. On the way back, they stopped in Mitchell to see Jerry, only to be disappointed when they couldn't find him. Most ladies are disappointed once they do find him, but that's another story for another time.
It's reported that Jo will be coming back home later this month with a neighbor of hers. All of us here at the Holabird Advocate wonder what interesting new material will result there, if any.
The Legend Continues
Doug Hinkle was quite the wrestler in his day. He was dedicated to the sport in a way that didn't allow him to take shortcuts. In his senior year at Highmore High School, Doug came back from an injury and surgery. He made it all the way to the state wrestling tournament in Watertown. he lost both matches right away, but he showed up.
That kind of determination showed up again in the Hinkle gene pool when Doug's son, Cade Hinkle, took first at the Wrestling Tournament in Highmore yesterday. Cade is a wiry little runt. In addition to wrestling, Cade also plays soccer, T-ball, and swims, though not at the same time.
South Dakota Songbook
"Daydream Believer"
by John Stewart (1939-2008)
Oh, I could hide neath the wings
Of the bluebird as she sings.
The six o'clock alarm would never ring.
Whoops its ringing and I rise,
Wipe the sleep out of my eyes.
My shaving razors cold and it stings.
Cheer up, sleepy jean.
Oh, what can it mean.
To a daydream believer
And a homecoming queen.
You once thought of me
As a white knight on a steed.
Now you know how happy I can be.
Oh, and our good times starts and end
Without dollar one to spend.
But how much, baby, do we really need.
Cheer up, sleepy jean.Oh, what can it mean.
To a daydream believer
And a homecoming queen.
What to Believe
by Jerry Hinkle
courageous dynamic Publisher
of the Holabird Advocate
Some time ago, I was talking to my good friend Colin Duffy when the subject of Iraq came up. I told him that I was so gullible that there is a part of me that still believes that there are WMDs hidden out there somewhere an they just haven't found them yet. Young Mr. Duffy had to agree. I am gullible, in fact, quite gullible.
I can't help it, there are some things I want to believe. I'd like to think that I'm not totally wasting time here in Mitchell. I'd like to believe that my recent placement on the Dean's list was not just a fluke. I'd also like to believe that I'm living up to my Grandad's legacy. After he died, I put his shoes on. The shoes that he bought for me, then decided they were too good for me. I wore them for a day or two, and then I wore them out. I had to throw them away. I failed to walk in his shoes. I suppose that's why I have my own shoes now.
But I still have his last name. And as long as I do, I suppose I'll have his simple faith. I'll believe what I want to, even if it sounds too incredible. Colin told me last Thursday night that he's going to film a documentary about me. I'll believe that when I see the cameras!



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares