Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Saturday, January 19, 2008
 
Two Weeks Down at DWU
It has been another busy week at Dakota Wesleyan for Jerry Hinkle. He's done a lot of reading, writing and even a little bit of arithmetic. Jerry had to read 3 chapters for Ethics and Public Policy after getting the book on Wednesday for his Thursday night class. He also read short stories for the Intro to Lit Class by authors like Amy Tan, Ernest Hemingway, and others. The math came in handy when it was discovered that Jerry had too much money in the form of grants and scholarships. He was given a refund check, which went to to his Wells Fargo account. They own his student loan, so they'll get the money anyhow.
Jerry was also volunteered to give blood at the blood drive next Tuesday. Actually he has drafted. A certain blond Criminal Justice Major from Brookings saw him at the Campus Center and said, "Jerry, come here and give blood!" Not wanting to be karate chopped Texas Ranger style, he went over right away and signed up.
Jerry also found out three things about DWU. There is a Dean, he has a list, and Jerry is on it. Dr Donald A. Watt is not only the Dean, he's the Vice President for Academic Affairs. He sent a letter of congratulations, saying it was his pleasure to announce his being named so as a result of his academic achievement in the previous semester. Of course, Jerry was not in this alone. He had a lot of help from his instructors, classmates, and because of the Readers and Hinkletons out there around the world who have invested your time and prayers on his behalf. Jerry wishes to share this blessing with you with his thanks, and he also wishes to thank God, the Father, who answered those prayers. Now lets see what next week brings.
Postcard From Home
by Mary Hinkle
Nothing much new going on around here. We poured calves on Monday. They were starting to get lousy. Sunday we went in to the benefit for the Huber girls. We didn't buy anything at the auction. Cade is wrestling. He has gone to 2 matches one in Presho and one in Gettysburg. He got second both times. That is about all the news. Love, Mom
South Dakota Songbook
"Love Me Tender"
words by Vera Matson
and Elvis Presley
"Denigrated" to the one person
in the world that I'll never hate
Love me tender,Love me sweet,
Never let me go.
You have made my life complete, (NOT a wreck)
And I love you so.
Love me tender,Love me true,
All my dreams fulfill.
For my darling I love you,
And I always will.
Love me tender,Love me long,
Take me to your heart.
For its there that I belong,
And well never part.
Love me tender,Love me dear,
Tell me you are mine.
Ill be yours through all the years,
Till the end of time.
(when at last my dreams come true
Darling this I know
Happiness will follow you
Everywhere you go).
North of 40: The door to chaos
by Red Green
My wife received an unusual and anonymous gift for Christmas -- a beautiful antique doorknob for our front door. I installed it on New Year's Eve so we could have a fresh start with a new doorknob -- it's way easier than keeping resolutions. By Jan. 2, my wife noticed that the lamp and wall sconces in our front hall looked pretty cheap compared to the new doorknob and, as luck would have it, more suitable lamps and wall sconces were on sale at our local furniture store. Once we got those in place, the hall was looking great, but the living room seemed kind of shabby by comparison. We have replaced almost all of the furniture and carpeting in the living room, dining room and throughout our whole house. I get an uneasy feeling every time I come home. That's because I have to go through our front door. I hate that doorknob -- the free gift that cost us a fortune. And, we have no idea who sent it to us.
I'm guessing it was the furniture store.



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares