Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Monday, January 14, 2008
 


Ditty Bops Rerun

All of us here at the Holabird Advocate got nostalgic for the days when it only took two women to get Jerry Hinkle's attention instead of the 3 or 4 it seems to take today. To refresh your memory, that's Abby DeWald on your left and Jerry's right. And who could never forget that the young lady to Jerry's left, and your right is Amanda Barrett, complete with orange hair. Abby and Amanda make up the musical duo known as the Ditty Bops, or as Harold Hinkle used to call them, the Booty Pops. Our photo album at the bottom of the front page is replete with more images of them than you'd ever care to look at.
Another Door Opens
For some time now, Jerry Hinkle has been advised that he needs to make more friends of the male persuasion. On his way to see if the Ethics and Public Policy books were in yet (they weren't), Jerry ran into fellow Sophomore, Colin Duffy, at the McGovern Library. Young Mr. Duffy invited Jerry to sit down Half curious as to what was going on, he sat down! For just a moment, Jerry forgot all the cares and worries of everyday University life while the two discussed religion, politics,Wesleyan Idol, and even Jerry's favorite topic of conversation: himself. Colin is very astute, as well as polite. And he knows the art of a good handshake. He could even be a pretty good blogger, if he had the time.
South Dakota Songbook
"Voice of Truth"
By Casting Crowns
This is a song dedicated to anyone
whose ever felt overwhelmed by any
task that God gives them.
DO NOT BE AFRAID!
Oh what I would do to have
The kind of faith it takes
To climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves
To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is
And He's holding out His hand
But the waves are calling out my name
And they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me
Time and time again. "Boy, you'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"
Chorus: But the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
The voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth
Oh what I would do to have
The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
Shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand
But the giant's calling out my name And he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again. "Boy you'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"
But the stone was just the right size
To put the giant on the ground
And the waves they don't seem so high
From on top of them looking down
I will soar with the wings of eagles
When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
Singing over me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares