Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Tuesday, August 30, 2005
 
VOL. IV Issue 8V
Holabird Advocate to Aid Hurricane Relief
All of us at the Holabird Advocate want to help out those who were afflicted by Hurricane Katrina. We are going to donate all of the ad revenue from September's banner ads from Google Adsense on the Holabird Advocate Front page to the Salvation Army. So all you Readers click early and click often.
E.E. Hinkle May Need New Pacemaker
At his doctors appointment today, E.E. Hinkle was examined through and through. It was determined that the problem was not so much with the 103 year old patient as with his pacemaker. Said pacemaker jams and stalls at times. At other times it goes into high gear. It is possible for it to quit altogether someday. It is also possible for E.E.'s heart to quit altogether someday. The Hinkle family will be weighing their options for the next few days.
Apologies And Corrections
by Jerry Hinkle
Holabird Advocate Publisher
I may have been a little too harsh on Mr. Snoop Dogg the other day. Sure, I only understand half of what the feller says, but that's no excuse. I thought one of his phrases was, "I got the nephew hook-up". After listening to that commercial again, I believe he said, "I got to hook up Nephew". Now, I'm hip enough to understand that. Obviously that nice Mr. Dogg is going to buy his nephew a Chrysler. If he does that, well, he can't be all bad. Mr. Dogg, I'm sorry that I misjudged you. I hope that your nephew enjoys his vehicle. I also hope he shows his Uncle Snoop the proper respect and gratitude as well. They may be less expensive, but new Chryslers still aren't cheap. Mr. Dogg, you are truly a gentleman. I can't speak your language (and the spell checker would blow a fuse if I could) but I feel I must say that you can chisel a sizzle for me anytime. And I mean that in the best way possible.
South Dakota Songbook
"Hurricane"
By Leon Everett
1. 30 miles out in the Gulf Stream I can hear those south winds moan
Bridges are looking lower, shrimp boats hurrying home
The old man down in the quarter slowly turns to me
Took another drink of whiskey and he looked at me and said
(Chorus:
I was born on the rain of the Ponchatrain beneath that Louisiana Moon
Don't mind the strain of the hurricane, she comes 'round every June
And high black water, she's the devils daughter, she's hard
and she's cold, and she's mean
Nobody taught her that it takes a lot of water
to wash away New Orleans)
2. A man come down from Chicago gonna set that levy right
He said it's got to be 3 feet high up or it won't make it thru the night
The old man down in the quarter said don't you listen to that boy
The water be down by morning, son he'll be on his way to Illinois
Chorus 2:
I was born on the rain of the Ponchatrain beneath that Louisiana Moon
Don't mind the strain of the hurricane, she comes 'round every June.
And high black water, she's the devils daughter, she's hard
and she's cold, and she's mean
But we finally taught her that it takes a lot of water
to wash away New Orleans
(Chorus)



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares