Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Tuesday, August 16, 2005
 
VOL. IV Issue 8L
E.E. Hinkle Fools Doctors
Once again, 103 year old E.E. Hinkle has passed all of his medical tests with flying colors. Doc Paul's son Doctor Robert Hohm gave the old boy a right going over because the phone test on E.E's pacemaker showed something wrong. He ended up putting Holabird's oldest citizen on a monitor for 24 hours. After the 24 hours are up, the Hinkle's will send the monitor back and he'll go back to the doctor in 10 days. Being healthy may be expensive for E.E., after all how many visits where nothing is wrong does it take to convince a doctor that there's nothing wrong. Dr. Robert must need the money.
Hinkle's to Take in Dakotafest
Despite gas prices racing up to $2.70/gallon, Harold and Darrel Hinkle are planning on going to Mitchell for Dakotafest. None of us here at the Holabird Advocate have ever been, but there's no way it could be as good as the South Dakota State Fair in Huron. Holabird Advocate Publisher, Jerry Hinkle, couldn't go if he wanted to anyway because he is going to be busy tomorrow with monitoring his grandfather, E.E. Hinkle, and helping his mother, Mary Hinkle, while she's on Brat Patrol. Kristi Hinkle has EMT duty, and so Mary and Jerry will be watching Brittany, Shelby, and Justin Hinkle. That'll be more fun than Dakotafest anyway. At least the Ponderosa has air conditioning inside. Temps are expected to reach 94 degrees tomorrow. Ice cream and Pop-ice weather!
The Ditty Bops Welcome Newest Fan
The Ditty Bops Website has 169 registered fans. One of the newest is a young lady from New York named Anna. Her amazing story is reprinted here in most of her own words:
I'm not what you'd call a religious person by any means, but I may have just had a little taste of what could be called karma, fate, or luck. So, here's me earlier today, " I'd love to go see the DBs, but I can't make it to a show, etc"... Then, after I got off work, I went to meet up with my friend for dinner, because I bought her a copy of the DB CD and wanted to give it to her. So, my friend and I are walking from the subway to the restaurant, and I'm all "They're so great you're gonna love them" and she points up to the next corner and is like "oh, look at the girl with pink hair, remember when I had hair like that?" So, I look, and guess who it is? Yep. Both of 'em, just standing on the corner, hanging out. I don't know what the odds of that happening are, but they've got to be comparable to being struck by lightning. For a minute, I honestly thought I'd lost it and was hallucinating or dreaming (especially since I had it in my head that they wouldn't even be in the NY area until next week).I usually refuse to approach celebrities of any level of fame, especially ones I'm particularly fond of (I don't know, just something about respecting their personal space), but I figured I'd hate myself if I didn't say something (what with fate and fortune practically dropping them in my lap), so I got it together enough to say hi and gush a few words of praise before leaving them to their evening. Well, that was a pretty fantastic (albeit brief) event for me.



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares