Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Saturday, January 31, 2004
 
VOL. III Issue 1U
HOLABIRD WARMS UP, FOR A WHILE
Friday in the Hyde county area started out at -12. Shortly before midnight, the temp was 31. This morning, at press time, it has cooled to a tolerable -1. Cold temps don't bother the Hinkles. Harold Hinkle says, "I keeps out the rirr-raff". His father, E.E. Hinkle, doesn't mind the weather either. The 101 year old boy has managed to walk to Harold and Mary's for dinner every day this week. He wasn't even hungry when he got there most of the time.
RITES PENDING FOR ESTHER DALTON
Esther Dalton, who is apparently a relative of Mary Hinkle's, has died this past week. Her funeral is planned for Monday, February 2, 2004. There will be more on Esther on a future date, providing we can find it.
FERRIS TRIP SOUTH POSTPONED
Ken Ferris had planned to go to Arizona to dig for gold yesterday. That was until he unexpectedly was the winning bidder for a banjo on e-Bay. It will be delivered to him on February 4. After that, it is expected he'll be off to Arizona with his banjo on his knee. He needn't worry about his wife, Joyce, either. She's doing extemely well under her daughters care.
PUBLISHERS NOTES
by Jerry Hinkle
OOPS! I thought that yesterday was the end of January, but it's today. The Bravenet services I described yesterday are up, and the Vote Caster is running. The web journal was given the title "Signs Along the Highway of My Life". Grandad's life story will start being told sometime on Monday. I have taken several notes through the years. I will publish those, and will add to them on the web whenever possible.
My dad has been really cranky this month concerning the Holabird Advocate, He'll be even more so when he find out that it cost him 60 cents. My advice to you Readers is not to share anything about the Newsblog with him as he does not enjoy it anyway.
I have syndicated the Holabird Advocate with a service called Atom. The deal with Atom sounds promising. Hopefully, we'll know more about it in the coming days month. My cousin, Susan Geitzenauer, always said I should be syndicated. I hope the only difference in our Newsblog is the number of Readers going up. Time will tell.
Now for my Super bowl pick. I've never been right so I'll take the Patriots by 17 points. I just hope the Winder Dance Party in Clear Lake didn't hold their festivities this weekend. That's too much fun in a few days time. Of course, I've never had too much fun.



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares