Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Saturday, April 05, 2003
 
VOL. II Issue 4E
ALLIES TAKE BAGHDAD CITY CENTER
It has been reported that the Allied Fighting Force has made there way to the City Center of Baghdad. The Iraqi Information Minister deny this and claim that the Iraqi Republican Guard have taken back the airport. Since American media are still broadcasting from there, all of us here at the Holabird Advocate don't believe those claims. We are still concerned for the Fighting Forces safety however. The "awful horror" spoke of hasn't happened yet. Let's hope it never does.
THE "I CAN'T" FUNERAL SERVICE
by Jerry Hinkle
One of the most interesting concepts I've ever seen is the "I Can't" funeral. It goes like this. A group of people, in my case it was Market America Distributors, get together. They each write down on little note cards things that "I Can't" do and they are put in a little box of some sort and entombed,or "buried " (figuratively, of course), and then something of the following is said:
"The 'I Can't' Eulogy"
by James Ridinger
Market America, Inc.
President & CEO
"Today, we gather together to honor the memory of I Can't. While he was with us on Earth, he touched the lives of everyone--some more than others. His name, unfortunately, has been spoken in every public building, schools, city halls, State capitols, and yes, even our White House. He has frequently visited most every home in America. Today, we have provided I Can't a final resting place. He is survived by his brothers and sisters: I Can, I Will and I Am Going To Right Away. They are not as well known as their famous relatives and are not as strong and powerful yet. Perhaps, someday, with your help they will make an even bigger mark on the world. May I Can't rest in peace, and may everyone present pick up their lives and move forward in his absence. Amen!"
It is at this monent that "I can" is born. Naturally, it's just not that easy some of us who bury "I Can't" go back and dig him up again. It's not easy to leave him behind after you bury him. One of the things I admire most about my cousin, Anne Hansen is her positive attitude. She is always setting up some situation that seem impossible. There are some things she can't do, but she keeps trying. I'm sure there are times when she says "I Can't", but sooner or later she'll do something else that just blows us all away and we wonder just how she did it. The answer, I'm sure is: She buried "I Can't"
POETRY CORNER
"The Man Who Thinks He Can"
If you think ypou are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you'd like to win, but think you can't.
It's almost a cinch you won't
If you think you'll lose, you've lost.
For out in the world we find
Success begins with a fellows will,
It's all in the state of mind.
If you think you're outclassed, you are.
You've got to think high to rise
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You'll ever win that prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the strongest or fastest man
But, sooner or later, the man who wins
Is the one who thinks he can.



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares