Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Friday, August 30, 2002
 
VOL. I Issue 8N
HYDE COUNTY REPORTS 1ST WEST NILE CASE
The first known case of west nile has been reported by local veterinarian David Stagg DVM. Tests on a horse that died show up positive for the West Nile Virus. To be sure the horse will also be tested for rabies since the symptoms are just about the same. The location of the horse and it's owner have not been released.
If you have horses it is encouraged that you get them vaccinated for the disease. Humans can get the West Nile Virus, but there is no vaccine for it. It is also advised that the population of misquitos be reduced as much as posible around your living area. Using a bug spray that causes DEET is also recommended for just that purpose.
WILBUR GOEHRING MAY BE CUBA BOUND
It has come to our attention that Wilbur Goehring may be going to Cuba. Our courageous, dymamic Publisher, Jerry Hinkle has tried to get more details but none has been forthcoming. We have heard that he got a letter to this effect signed by South Dakota's Secretary of State, Joyce Hazeltine. It is our hope that he can get back to us woith more details.
JERRY HINKLE GETS PUBLISHED BY PEN PAL
by Jerry Hinkle, Special to The Holabird Advocate
One of the best things about being part of the Blogger.com network is all of the swell people I've met online. I've struck up a friendship with a few of them. In the top 10 is definatly a young lady named Natalie, A typical blond co-ed at a major California university.I enjoy her blog on a regular basis, for reasons which you'll understand later. I recently wrote to Natalie at a time when I thought she could use a kind word and she enjoyed it so much that she published my words in her Journal. I won't give you her web address to protect her privacy but since she put my words in her blog, I felt obliged to put some of her words here, enjoy:
thanks

i appreciate your kind words. school has ben hellish.. and it's just the start of the semester :(

you don't have to write about me in your paper if you dont have the words for it....take care

nat
And that's Natalie. The best part of my being me is that, indeed, I don't have to do anything. In this case I wanted to. Natalie is a real trip. I hope all of her other friends feel the same way. We all need somebody to listen to us and give a kind word or two from time to time. I hope the reat of you readers can do that. It'll make for a better world if you do.
LET'S GO TO THE VIDEOTAPE
by Buster Brock
"Life is nuthin'. It's a nuthin'. Life is nuthin' but a fat rat race". This is the song that introduced the movie "Rat Race". How fitting. This movie was glorified welfare for a group of actors on Hollywood's B list. I never heard of half of these people, the other half are has beens. I was exited to see this movie as it was compared to "Cannonball Run". This movie made "Cannonball Run" look like Shakespeare. The script writing was a nuthin'. The acting talent was a nuthin" . The comic timing was a nuthin'. I dare say the whole movie was a nuthin'
I did see a movie on TV last night that I'd like to rent on videotape. It is "The Object of my Affection". It starred Jennifer Aniston and some other people with Alan Alda and Allison Janney in supporting roles. The surprisingly talented Ms. Aniston convincingly plays a pregant single woman is falls in love with her homosexual roommate. It appears he has feelings for her too, but her boyfreind (also the father of her baby) and the roomate's gayness get in the way. Will these two star crossed lovers be able to live happily ever after? well if you didn't see it last night on TV better rent it and find out. Best of all it's not "edited for television" so you can here some good old American cussing that was hidden, but not to cleverly by ABC.
I plan on renting "Scary Movie" and "Scary Movie 2 "next time. Look for my review in September. In the meantime, be kind and rewind.



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares