Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Tuesday, July 16, 2002
 
VOL. I Issue 7G
Y1C COMING UP FAST
With just 4 days before the big celebration, the Ponderosa is becoming a hub of activity. Last minute preparations are being attended to. Mavis and George Kennedy arrived for a three weeks stay on Monday. Jerry Hinkle took his grandfather, E.E. Hinkle into Higmore to order 10 gallons of ice cream for the big event as well as an assortment of ice cream toppings.
HYDE COUNTY STATES ATTORNEY AXTMANN RETIRES
There was a retirement party for David Axtmann at the Hyde County Courthouse on Monday afternoon. Mr Axtmann has been serving as Hyde County States Attorney for nearly thirty years. He has decided to take up the preisthood in the Cathelic Church. All of us at The Holabird Advocate believe that wherever the future priest ends up, He will give that community a great deal of good service. Among the well wishers was E.E. Hinkle. In fact the old Boy almost stole the show. It was at this gathering that he presented Mr Axtmann with a greeting card made from an old picture of the Courthouse by E.E.'s wife Bergit. Mr Axtmann, Who collects pictures of courthouses, was touched that he was gifted with that particular card by that particular man. Several people wondered if E.E. Hinkle should be out on such a warm day (101 degrees), while others were concerned about his ability to climb the two flights of stairs. He moved slowly but he did make it up and down those stairs. As for the heat he prefers it to the cold as he had to be talked out of wearing a jacket.
PONDEROSA TO CELEBRATE JERRY HINKLE'S BIRTHDAY AS WELL
Against Jerry Hinkle's wishes and better Judgement, His Birthday is going to be obsevered but only as that is the date when the flood of relatives starts. Among the throng will be Don, LaRayne, Jauhn, Jennifer, and Jianni Hinkle; K.C., Marta, and Kyle Ferris; and Russ and Ellene Farley. Known to be arriving Friday will be E.E. Hinkle's 90 year old cousin Ralph Meyers and his son Nick. Several others are expected at any time.
GOOD OLD COUSIN ANNE
by Jerry Hinkle, Special to
The Holabird Advocate
Another birthday has snuck upon me. I was prepared to kind of ignore it, but since I'm supposed to be fighting ignorance, (refer to the top of the page) it's not going to happen. There has been a flood of cards for my Grandad's birthday which is what I wanted and I thank you, the readers, for that. Imagine my surprise when I openned Monday's mail to find a card from my cousin Anne, not for Grandad, but for me. I always send out e-cards to those I feel close to, including Anne. It is humbling to me that anyone would not only buy a card, but spend a whole 37 cents to let me know they were thinking of me. The card even arrived 3 days early, as my birthday is not until Thursday.
Anne has Downs Syndrome, which is suppose to mean that she is slower than supposedly normal people at certain things. Her card gave me a rather timely moment of joy, just when I needed it. As far as I'm concerned Grandad can keep his flood of cards and his honors. He can even have his State holiday. I wouldn't trade that card for any of it. She's so kind and thoughtful. I don't know how she knew what I needed, but I'm glad she did. I hope that each and every one of you, the readers, have a friend or a family member like Anne. I actually wish I could be like more her. It would be a nicer world. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares