Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Monday, March 18, 2013
 

Global Warming?

     On this date last year, Mitchell had a high temperature of 80 degrees. Today we are forecast 26 degrees for a high. Some around the big city are wondering where all that global warming is going.All of us here at the Holabird Advocate like a good global warming joke as much as the next guy, but there is one detail that we have overlooked. It is true that 26 degrees for the middle of march is quite chilly. Still, we've had a mild winter. Yes we've had winter Storms Athena and Kathleen and all of them in between, but we've had fewer sub zero days. Our Publisher, when pressed, had to admit that he has only needed to warm his car battery with the portable generator twice this year. That is to say that as cold as it has been, it could have been colder, but it wasn't. Does his mean we are admitting that global warming exists? By no means! But we are going to admit that is is possible that is could exist and keeping an open mind.

Xanadu a Hit!

No reviews are in but the audience reaction to DWU Theatre's production of Xanadu, not surprisingly, has been over the moon and back! All of us here at the Holabird Advocate are thrilled about this. Our Publisher has a ticket to next Sundays performance and is in a state of joyful anticipation of theatre magic! We send the cast, crew and director our hardiest congratulations on a job well done so far!

Publisher's Notes by Jerry Hinkle

     Thanks to all of you Readers out there for not complaining about the extended hiatus breaks between posts that seem to be happening more and more lately. A lot of the time, there seems to be nothing to write about, and when there is something happening, it is something I'd rather not touch on. The homicide in Chamberlain for example. Those who want to read about that can go to the Daily Republic. If I thought I could do a better job then they do, I'd go to it, but I prefer to sat nothing, because I have nothing to say about it.
There are some times that I wish the burden of being courageous and dynamic would fall to someone else. When I was little, I wanted to be a comedian, but my mother was afraid people would laugh at me. Truth is I was always afraid people wouldn't. Take the story of the boy who was banned from making armpit farts in the school talent show, if you care to. I've always said that if I can do it, it's not art! Well, I can't make armpit farts, but this kid can not only do that, I'll told he can also make them with his neck, leg, and his ear. Unlike me, this kid has a mother who is all for her son sharing his gas with the world. That just makes me appreciate my own mother that much more. Thanks Mom! You're the cats! 
God be with you and do the best you can!



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares