Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Sunday, February 10, 2013
 

Homer is Here by Jerry Hinkle

     Several inches of wet heavy packing snow has fallen on the city of Mitchell, announcing the arrival of Blizzard Homer. I Estimate the first 3 inches fell by 8 am, and that can't be far off. The City declared a Snow emergency. Churches took to the radio and Facebook to call the faithful to stay home, warm and safe, and many heeded that call.
     I did not! Because I have more guts than brains, I went out in the first wave. I walked to FUMC to see the doors were locked. It looked as though someone tried to clear a path and gave up. The path they cleared had been covered with snow as well. I then went back home to drive to the South McDonalds, which appeared deserted except for a snow removal vehicle, so I passed by. I made my way to Taco Johns, where I waited out the rest of the storm after seeing that the Fusion service was cancelled on Facebook. At about 10:45, I decided to see if FUMC was opened. It wasn't! I watched some old DVD's until a little after 2pm, then I drove to the Public Library, which was devoid of any signs of life, except for the flags flying in the breeze. I gave the South McDonalds another chance, and it was open for business. A balding middle aged man was skyping in German where I usually sit, so I fought my inner Dr. Cooper to allow him squatter's rights. The Hand County ambulance stopped by, and although I was tempted to see why they were so far away from home, I decided to let it be.
In any case, I pray they get back home safely!
    The second wave of Blizzard Homer is bringing more of the same visibility has not been a problem here in the city, and I'm not even gonna try to leave. I like adventure as well as the next man, but If I make it to work at 5:30 and safely back home that's enough adventure for one day!
God be with you and do the best you can!



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares