Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Tuesday, October 30, 2012
 
     With the website changing back to it's original name, I hope to set a few things right. It won't be as good as it used to be, but it will still be better than what I've been doing here. I hope that the 5 of you still reading enjoy it. The relaunch issue will poke fun at my favorite target:myself!
     When I started the Holabird Advocate 10 years ago, I really didn't think anyone outside of my family and a few close friends would read it. But at it's height, the "Hinkle Empire" reached 16 countries and has been read on every continent except Antarctica. Not bad!
     Last night I went to the Haunted House on Main Street that benefits the Children's Miracle Network. All who can really should make the effort, even if you, like me, don't believe in Halloween. It is for a good cause. For me, most of the entertainment came from the 4 or 5 screaming ladies who, if they weren't scared sure fooled me! I decided to get into the spirit of the holiday and wear black, which pretty much made me invisible. At any rate it was $5 well spent, and it was fun if I do say so myself. DWU Theatre sponsored it, so that in itself was another good reason for me to show support!
     Quinten Burg, Candidate for State Senate in District 20 was at Java City for the McGovern brown bag, so I went to see what, if anything he has to offer! He has a rather refreshing honest and common sense approach to politics. Whether that is enough to unseat Senator Vehle remains to be seen.
    



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares