Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Monday, October 08, 2012
 
     I went to my favorite coffee shop for breakfast this morning and met a perfectly wonderful lady who just started working there. I detected a slight hint of Oklahoma in her voice as she said "What can I get ya, honey?" It turns out that her name is America, that is if the name-tag she was wearing was telling me the truth. She was an excellent server, and always knew when to ask "More coffee honey?" All my senses were on overload. Never before had I ever felt such a deep spiritual connection with someone.
     I've heard of love at first sight, and wondered if such a thing was possible, and if it was happening now. I must I was open to the possibility, as absurd as the notion sounded. The relationship between server and customer is not unlike that between husband and wife. I ask for food, she brings it. She asks for money, and I give it to her. My grandparents did that for 63 years!
     Alas, as love often does, things went wrong. Another gentlemen walks in, and America asks him, "What can I get ya, honey?" and BOOM!!!! I'd been replaced. Another man has discovered America! Still, it was the best 15 minutes of my day. If she's still there on Halloween, I just might rediscover America. Until then, God be with you and do the best you can!



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares