Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Saturday, September 08, 2012
 
     Recently, my brother Doug participated in a fundraiser for the MDA, raising $125 for that organization. He also spend his vacation time fighting fire in the Black Hills while others were touring. It kinda makes what I do irrelevant. On the other hand, I'm not inclined to fight fire, although I might be willing to go to jail for the MDA or any other worthy cause.
     The hardest part of that is having to listen to my parents bragging on the guy like he's won the Nobel prize or some such thing. Of course, instead of giving into my primary instinct, I must say I'm proud to have a brother who is able and willing to do those things. And yet, he doesn't do them because he wants to be put on a pedestal. He's doing it because it's the right thing to do.
     My other brother Darrel is just as willing and able to help others. He does it in another way. He's handy to have around. Ask any of his neighbors! They'll be sure to back up that claim. But he's also a top notch husband and father!
     Wesleyan is big on Service or Sacrifice. They talk about it quite a bit. But I learned about that stuff a long time ago from my parents and grandparents, just like my brother's did. We may not cure cancer or stop world hunger, but we do what we can. Truth be told what we do isn't all that impressive. It's just sort of expected from us. When Grandad died, I thought that it was my job to carry on some of the values that he believed in. I haven't done very well in that respect, but I'm glad to see my brothers doing that. if it's possible, I hope Grandad and Grandma can see that we were paying attention to them! God be with you and do the best you can!



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares