Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Tuesday, August 14, 2012
 
     One of the drawback of not watching TV news is that when a news event happens, I miss the spin. Depending on how the clip of the event is edited, it can say whatever the editor wants one to hear, Take The campaign speech that President Obama made on Friday July 13, of this year when he said, in part "If you've got a business, you didn't build that". Yes I know, he was misquoted, taken out of context, or so it is said. As I read yesterday's paper, Mallard Fillmore brought up the statement again. So I went to YouTube to investigate this further. What I've come up with may surprise you.
     Nobody is successful on their own. I found a rebuttal video that shows Romney giving examples of Steve Jobs and Henry Ford. I can't agree there. Mr. Jobs had Steve Wozniak, and several other people at Apple helping him. Did he build all those devices himself? Not likely! Somebody helped him! In fact there are 60,00 people who work at Apple, and I'm sure they are just as busy as they were when the late Mr. Jobs was alive. I don't men to take away from what he has done, I just wish to express that he didn't do it alone.
     Real success takes teamwork. Alexander Graham Bell is credited with inventing the telephone, but had it not been for Mr. Watson being there to answer the phone, the kids in school would be reading a different name in the history books!
     Even this website, that I started was not just me. I've had help from several people. Someone or something inspires me to write, and then the magic starts. And of course the people that read this site help whatever success I have with it as well. The last official count claims that 14 of you Readers out there, and I thank you, and thank God that you are able to. In every other aspect in my life, I always have someone assisting me there too.
     One thing I can take issue with is that if the President is going to try to take credit for someone else's success, he should also share the blame for somebody else's failure. I doubt that's gonna happen! And before anyone asks, I'm not endorsing either Obama or Romney for President. I'm going to wait at least until Labor Day, and maybe even after that. I might decide to endorse somebody and not tell anybody!
     Until then, God be with you and do the best you can!



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares