Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Tuesday, February 14, 2012
 
     Today is Valentine's Day according to the calendar. According to some other folks, it is also Single Awareness Day. Both holidays are fun for me. I must admit that without Grandma around, Valentine's day is not as much fun at it used to be. But tomorrow I'm hoping to find all kinds of chocolate at half price.
     Single Awareness Day, as some call it, is indeed a cause to celebrate. This morning I had ice cream for breakfast! Whenever I want to watch something on TV, I watch it! Can any married man say the same? I doubt it!
     Over the years, I've come to realize that if I was meant to do all of that "happily ever after crap", I'd have found someone to do that with. When I was younger, I was always looking for excitement, adventure, and romance. Now, I'm just looking for peace, quiet, and comfort. It's a real win-win situation. It's better for me to be single. There is nobody to argue with, or listen to. It is kinda nice, the way things worked out.
     Before I close, I'd like to mention that I saw this mega viral video on YouTube concerning a father who shot his daughter's laptop computer 9 times with a pistol. I had heard so much about it, that I had to see it for myself. I must say that while the father's action seem extreme, I don't really know what he was going through, so I can't judge him to harshly. I've never been a parent, but I was a child once. My parents were not perfect, and shockingly enough, I was not a perfect son. Both of my parents had a difficult time raising my brothers and me, but they never felt the need to shoot anything because of it.
     I didn't have Facebook to vent on back then. If I did, I'd have never used it, because I'd have been afraid of getting caught. I have from time to time said things about my parents here, but nothing out of hate. Fact is my parents did a pretty good job all things considered. None of us boys became axe murders or Occupy Wall Steet protesters, so I'd say they did a heck of a job. The thing that impresses me is that they did it on a budget. We did without luxuries, but we all learned the value of hard work, and being a good neighbor. At the end of the day we were safe warm and fed. Like I said earlier, they were not perfect. but things could have been worse! So Happy Valentine's Day to all of you imperfect parents and children out there! All 4 of you!



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares