Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Tuesday, December 06, 2011
 
In the interest of fairness, I should give equal time to my other Grandma, Bergit Hinkle. Grandma died 17 years ago this very afternoon. As I said in my previous article, I had a spare, but it was never quite the same. Her loss created a void that has never been quite filled. Grandma was a truly remarkable lady. She had, with her 8th grade education, more sense than anybody I've ever known.




Grandma never sought greatness, which is what made her all the more awesome. She was a true master in the kitchen. The Keebler elves could not make better cookies, and her milk gravy was the gold standard as well. But more important that her cooking was her compassion. For every time she would say "it's a long way from your heart" when I was hurting physically, she was always kind and understanding when I was hurting in ways that couldn't be seen. She was dependable.



When she left this world all too soon 17 years ago, I honestly didn't see that coming! I couldn't imagine the world without her. All of the sudden, it was happening. The worst part of that was that I felt so alone. As time went on, I got used to having her gone, and all I had was memories. I'd like to think that I've become as kind hearted as she used to be. There are times that my temper comes back, but when I realize it, I try to pull back.



I have indeed been truly blessed, twice blessed in fact! Both of my grandmothers were the best! It's sad that there aren't more ladies like them in the world, but I guess we're doing OK. Where they are happiness abounds, so why should I be sad. There are so many people in the world that never experience that blessing. I'm glad that I am one that did, and I am also glad that I wasn't alone after all! God be with you and do the best you can!




Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares