Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Monday, September 26, 2011
 
     Mitchell Fusion held it's first service yesterday at the DWU Sherman Center. There was a respectable turnout for this contemporary service of the Methodist faith. The service itself was energetic, very uplifting and informative.
     The problem with any event being held at the Sherman center is parking. I had to park in the LBW parking lot and walk over to the center. Once there, I was handed a bulletin (they call it a program, which I guess is what it was). As it happens, I was 4 minutes late (my fault) but was greeted by the lively music that usually starts out a service of this type.
     Because I was worried about being late for work, I sat on the edge of the row. When we were compelled to group up, I moved in closer to some other people. We were told to say something we were glad about, something we were concerned about, and choose someone to pray over all of those things when the discussion was over. It was difficult for me to talk freely, being shy, but that can be overcome.
     Pastor Brandon Vetter had some interesting statistics. The average American is 35 years (which made me feel old) The average Methodist is 57 ( which made me feel young) and the average Methodist pastor is 52 (which made me feel middle aged). Fusion, as I understand it, is taking two different things, having them come together and making something totally new come about. This sort of brought to mind what Paul told the Colossians concerning that in Christ we are all One. We may be male and female, young and old, rich and poor, red, yellow, black, and white, but Jesus sees us all the same and loves us and there's not a thing we can do about it. That may not have been the message he wanted to bring about, but it's still a good thing to know. Satan seeks to divide us because of there differences, but Jesus wants us to come together to make something wonderful happen. Wouldn't it be amazing if that caught on?
    After it was all said and done. I was 7 minutes late for work, but I got a lot done, so it's all good. Fusion is going to be once a month. The next service is scheduled for October 30. If you're in the neighborhood, drop by!



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares