Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Tuesday, March 01, 2011
 
Last Saturday morning, My grandma, Agnes Leona Haiwick Goehring Hahn, died. When I heard about that, I was not prepared. Nobody really is prepared I guess. I've had many ideas on what I could write about Grandma, but I don't want to write too much, and I don't want to merely repeat what everyone already knows. So I came up with a fictional situation, and how I imagine she'd react to it.
Imagine if Grandma had been the innkeeper in Bethlehem at the time of the Christmas story. Would she have turned Joseph and Mary away? I doubt it! She'd have seen to it that Mary had the best bed in the house. She would have sat Joseph down at the table and gave him a cup of coffee right after he staked the donkey out in the back yard. When the shepherds showed up, she'd have made them take their boots off, but she wouldn't turn them away. Grandma would have even put up with that drummer boy as long as possible before taking away his drumsticks.
How do I know this? I don't, really! This is just how I'd imagine it! But, I do know that she was a kind loving person that would never turn down someone in need. That's what made her a good daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother, great grandmother and great great grandmother. She even touched the lives of her neighbors, and the neighborhood children also called her grandma if they felt so inclined.
It has been my privilege to be the grandson of such a wonderful grand lady. To share her with the world, while at times difficult, was an overall pleasure. I was blessed to have her in my life, and to keep someone as wonderful as her to myself would have been unthinkable! And yet, what God has given, he as also called back. Hers was a life well lived, we should all do likewise!



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares