Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Wednesday, November 10, 2010
 
When I was Publisher of the Holabird Advocate, I was putting a courageous dynamic facade on a very shy and humble person. I likened it to the Wizard of Oz, who was for all appearances to be all powerful, but behind the curtain, a very different sort of person operated it all from behind a curtain. There were times I had to dial it back a notch when I pushed things too far. then I moved to Mitchell.
Once I left the shelter of the Ponderosa, I felt something was missing. I gave into collegiate peer pressure and got a Facebook account. I started out as a shy, insecure loner, and now have over 300 friends. Funny thing is, I've don't really know half of them. I doubt I'll ever meet some of them. We as a human race are so busy making friends on the computer that we could very well miss out on making friends in the real world.
So what does a shy person like me do on Facebook? I play games mostly! Mafia Wars, Mob Wars, Farmville, Frontierville, and a few others that I dabble into. Is this productive? Doubtful! Is it fun? Well it kills time! That's why I decided it was time to get back into blogging. It is fun to think up things to write and edit.
When I put out some feelers about getting back into the blogging world on Facebook, a lot of my friends were very supportive. In fact not one of them were against it. To be honest most of them didn't care to respond, which makes me wonder who my real friends are. Truth be told, I'll still spend time on Facebook. You never know where the idea for my next big article will come from.
My dad used to say that you can never have too many friends. Tom T. Hall once sang "I wish I had a Million Friends" I must say that I like all of my old friends, but am not against making new ones. I may have only a few hundred friends, but they are of high quality, because they chose to be my friend, for whatever reason, so if any of you readers are so inclined, look me up, I've never refused a request, because as a quasi celebrity, I owe it to the public to have access to me whenever possible. Let me know how much you love (or hate) "The Program". Be careful about asking me what I think though! I just might tell you! But I'll listen to what you think, so that makes us even.



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares