Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Tuesday, June 01, 2010
 
Ever since graduation a month ago today, I've been at a loss for an answer to the question, "What's next?". There are many answers to the question but the right answer is not readily available. Even before graduation it has been suggested that I go to seminaries in Atlanta, Kansas City, and even Kentucky. It's also been suggested that I become a professional student (GAG) and take up the study of something else. A couple different people have even suggested that I try to get a job teaching history. I am so burned out right now I can't imagine being a student professional or otherwise. The most reading I do is my Upper Room lesson, and it's hard to concentrate on that sometimes.
Of course teaching history is another matter entirely. I could probably get a job teaching history in a school system with very low academic standards, but not sure that would be best way to go. A career or calling like teaching should never be taken lightly. There are 2 kinds of teachers, good and bad. A good teacher is someone who has an all consuming passion for the job. A bad teacher just puts in their time and doesn't care for the job, or the students for that matter. At DWU there is an instructor that gets up at 5:30 am to get ready for work. Could I do that? I'm not too sure that I could!
Any career that one enters into has it's setbacks. It's that all consuming passion that keeps one going. When I had singing aspirations, someone told me that the worst part of that is that a singer has to sing even when they don't feel like it. Teaching is the same way. If one teaches, they have to do it even when they don't feel like it. They have to have that all consuming passion for teaching that gets them out of bed and into the classroom. I don't have that.
My dad told me not long ago that if you can find a job you love and do it, then you'll never have to work for the rest of your life. It sounds corny, but he's right. If you like what you're doing, it's not really work.
Another suggestion has been that I continue writing. Well not there again we have the same issue of writing even when I don't feel like it. regular Readers throughout the Hinkle Empire will note that Caesar has not always been about his job hosting this website. Motivation and inspiration is that key. Right now I spent more time watching reruns of "Dynasty" online than just about anything else. It has inspired some observations however, which I will share at another time. I've given you enough to read for now!



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares