Holabird AdvocateProviding all the news we see fit to print since 2002!
Friday, July 06, 2007
The Code of the West
by James P. Owe
Submitted by Marla McGeorge
1. 1. Live each day with courage.
2. Take pride in your work.
3. Always finish what you start.
4. Do what has to be done.
5. Be tough, but fair.
6. When you make a promise, keep it.
7. Ride for the brand.
8. Talk less and say more.
9. Some things aren't for sale.
10. Know where to draw the line.
The Cowboy Code
by Gene Autry
The Cowboy must never shoot first, hit a smaller man, or take unfair advantage.
He must never go back on his word, or a trust confided in him.
He must always tell the truth.
He must be gentle with children, the elderly, and animals.
He must not advocate or possess racially or religiously intolerant ideas.
He must help people in distress.
He must be a good worker.
He must keep himself clean in thought, speech, action, and personal habits.
He must respect women, parents, and his nations laws.
The Cowboy is a patriot.
by Cross Trails Church
in Fairlie, Texas
1. Just one God.
2. Honor yer Ma & Pa.
3. No telling tales or gossipin’.
4. Git yourself to Sunday meeting.
5. Put nothin’ before God.
6. No foolin’ around with another fellow’s gal.
7. No killin’.
8. Watch yer mouth
9. Don’t take what ain’t yers.
10. Don’t be hankerin’ for yer buddy’s stuff
Comments: Post a Comment