Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Friday, July 28, 2006
 
VOL. V Issue 7Q
South Dakota Week Of Prayer
Day 5-HOT Just Got HOTTER
Days like today can make one wonder if anyone really is observing the Week of Prayer that the Governor has called us into. Holabird got up to 107 degrees. Ron LaFortune brags that when rainy weather comes, he can feel it in his bones. Fortunately for Ron, but unfortunately for the rest of us, his bones are never feeling better.
There was a fire this afternoon just a couple miles from Ron's place. It took the fire department a little more than an hour to put it out. The Highmore Fire Department was impressed by the fire fighting wagon Darrel Hinkle bought from the Napoleon, North Dakota Fire Department. They figure Darrel got an $8000 value for $2500. Good thing for Darrel that his wife, Kristi Hinkle, spied that ad in the paper.
With the triple digit heat, and the fires going around the area, The Holabird Chamber of Commerce is recommending that spanking be brought back for any child who sings, "Rain, Rain, Go Away!". Failing that, have them spend their "time out" on the outside of the house. Remember, that's one minute per year of the child's age!
Off for the Mystery Tour!
Harold and Mary Hinkle are getting ready to leave for their Sons of Norway Mystery Tour. They will depart from Pierre at 8 am tomorrow morning, and if our information is correct, they will arrive at their Mystery Destination at noon. Del Paulson, The Mystery Tour travel agent has assured the Hinkles that they will be in a place 10 degrees cooler than Pierre. That lets the North Pole out.
Toto! I Don't Think Their in Kansas Anymore!
The Ditty Bops performed their final Kansas show in Kansas City. As the some says, "They got crazy little women there" but the number of them went down by two. The theme was of the show was "The Wizard of Oz"! Photo's are forthcoming. Our Publisher can't wait to see which part Ms. Amanda played!
South Dakota Songbook
"Kansas City"
by Big Joe Turner
Goin' to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come
Goin' to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come
They got some crazy lil' women there,
And I'm gonna get me one.
I'm goin' be stand on the corner
Twelfth Street and Vine
I'm goin' be stand on the corner
Twelfth Street and Vine
With my Kansas City baby
And a bottle of Kansas City wine.
Well I might pick a train
I might pick a plane, but if I have to walk
I'm goin' just the same
Goin' to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come
They got some crazy lil' women there
And I'm gonna get me one
I'm gonna pack my clothes
Leave at the break of dawn
I'm gonna pack my clothes
Everybody will be sleeping
Nobody will know where I've gone
Cause if I stay in town
I know I'm gonna die.
Gotta find a friendly city
And that's the reason why,
Goin' to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come
They got a crazy way of loving there
And I'm gonna get me some



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares