Feedjit Live Website Statistics
left lapel  
bow tie


Holabird Advocate

Providing all the news we see fit to print since 2002!


Friday, December 09, 2005
 

VOL. IV Issue 12E
The Ditty Bops Give Last Performance
The Ditty Bops have had a busy year. Touring all over the country on their own and opening for acts like Tori Amos and Nickel Creek. Their final performance of the year was last night at L.A.'s famous Silent Movie Theater. A little bit of rain didn't dampen the experience for The Ditty Bops or their fans. Part of the show was a burlesque revue complete with can-can girls that gave a certain little boy a darn good education about anatomy, according to Gypsy, one of the fans in attendance, reports said that the boy was squirming in his row seat. Too bad our Publisher wasn't there in his place.
Our good friend Oddjob, who supplied our most recent picture (Thanks Oddjob) had this to say about last night's show, "Just when I think I've got Abby and Amanda figured out, they always manage to surprise me time and time again. As I expected, this was their most elaborate and epic of shows thus far. I suppose that's one reason why I keep coming back for more.
The Ditty Bops will be back touring on January 13 at McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica. Oh those lucky Californians!
Another Reader (Sorta) Goes Public
In keeping with our policy of recognizing our Readers, we are bound to report that a South Dakota couple Named Ed and Dee put a pin on our Guest map recently. Ed even has a connection to Holabird. Here is a story he relayed to our Publisher earlier this week:
I could tell you about the last business I did in Holabird. It was the day after Archie Gubbrud's inauguration and colder than all get out. I'd been an honor guard the night before at the capital and we had a 57 military Chevy and a wire broke to the starter just as we got threw Holabird East bound. And the engine stopped, well I found the wire and by holding the one end to the other end the engine would run. So I sat on the right front fender with the hood up and the other fellow driving with his head out the window we made a U turn at the mile line and headed back into Holabird about a mile. Well if I shivered to bad the wire would come apart and the engine would want to die. All I remember now is it's damned cold at way below zero to be setting on the fender of a car headed into a NW wind and having it blow up your pant leg and hold your hand steady on a very small wire. Guess what we got it fixed in Holabird.
Poetry Corner
"Twas The Month After Christmas"
by an unknown author
'Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house,
nothing would fit me, not even a blouse;
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste,
at the holiday parties had gone to my waist
When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber),
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared,
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared;
The wine and the rum balls; the bread and the cheese,
and the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt,
and prepared once again to do battle with dirt,
I said to myself, as only I can,
"You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"
So, away with the last of the sour cream dip.
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished,
'til all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie--not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore,
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!



Comments: Post a Comment

Home links to this post | Archives

Powered By Blogger TM
  right lapel
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:

Type In Your E-mail:

Your Friend's E-mail:

Your Comments:

Receive copy: 


Free Free For All
Links from Bravenet
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet Free Vote Caster from
Bravenet
Free Web Journal from Bravenet Free Web Journal from Bravenet
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet Free Photo Albums from Bravenet
Listed on BlogShares